Soraypampa, Machu Picchu, Cusco
Salkantay Trek. Did not find spaces available for the Inca Trail? Do not worry, we present the Salkantay Trek, which also takes you to one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World: Machu Picchu.
The Inca Trail through the Salkantay 2019-2020 is one of the best alternatives that will allow you to visit Machu Picchu, after 5 days and 4 nights in a 73 kilometers route. It is a great adventure that will allow you to appreciate high and massive mountains, exuberant vegetation, streams, rivers and more. It also includes thermal waters that will help you relax your body after the physical effort of walking. You can also enjoy some snow at one of the highest points of the road, 4,650 m above sea level. Finally, on the last day we will have the great guided tour of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco, Mollepata and Soraypampa
We pick you up at your hotel in the morning in private transportation.
After a tour of beautiful landscapes, we arrived at the picturesque village of Mollepata, a checkpoint before starting the tour.
Then we went to Soraypampa, the starting point of the trek and we started the advance through the Andean nature.
Night in campsite.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Chaullay
The morning walk begins in the morning.
We will pass through the Pampa del Salkantay and the pass of the same name, the highest point of the route (4,629 meters above sea level).
Then continue the march to a height of 4,000 meters above sea level in Wayramachay, place of lunch.
Continue the adventure to Chaullay, campsite and overnight.
Day 3: Chaullay – Santa Teresa
After breakfast, we continue advancing, already in descending route.
We arrived at the border of the jungle, appreciating the change of the landscape.
Lunch at the beach camp.
We continue descending to the town of Santa Teresa (1,400 masl), where we will spend the night.
Day 4: Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes
In the morning, we resume the march through the exuberant Cusco forest.
We will go down to the famous Machu Picchu Hydroelectric Plant and then by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu village).
After dinner, we will sleep in a 3-star hotel.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco City
After breakfast, we go by bus to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Private tour with professional guide.
Back to Aguas Calientes, we will enjoy a delicious lunch.
Finally, we will go to the train station for the trip to Ollantaytambo and from there by private transport to your hotel in Cusco.
What is included in the tour?
- Transfer upon arrival. We pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel by private transport.
- Personalized briefing The guide will explain everything you need to know and answer your questions. It is done the day before the start of the walk.
- Transportation Cusco-Mollepata. On the morning of the beginning of the tour, we pick you up in private transport, with the presence of the guide. We will go from the city to the control point of the walk.
- Entrance to Mollepata. It includes the entry ticket to this area, control station Salkantay Road.
- Transportation to Soraypampa. This point is the beginning of the Salkantay route.
- Experienced guide Professional bilingual specialized in Camino Salkantay, with official authorization.
- First aid box. First aid kit, oxygen tank.
- Horsemen and horses. To move the kitchen equipment, food and luggage of the passenger (we include up to 5 kg of luggage per person).
- Comfortable tents. They are of type 4 stations, in excellent condition. Tents for 2 people for 1 passenger and tents for 4 people for 2 passengers. Inflatable mats, waterproof with thermal insulation.
- Complete dinnerware. Dishes, cups, glasses, cutlery, etc., all of reusable material (surgical steel). We contribute to reduce environmental pollution by disposable plastics.
- Kitchen staff. Cooks specialists. For groups larger than 4 people, we will have an experienced kitchen assistant.
- 04 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 03 dinners during the tour. We provide vegetarian, vegan and other diets without additional cost, upon request during the reservation.
- Tea upon awakening. Every day, we bring to your tent a delicious hot infusion.
- Tea at sunset. Daily, arriving at the camp we offer you a relaxing herbal infusion, tea or coffee, accompanied by rolls, butter and jam.
- Assorted snacks We give it in a small cloth bag every morning: a fruit, an energetic bar or cookie and sweets, so that it consumes them during the day.
- 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes. For the night of the fourth day. It has private bathroom, hot water, comfortable rooms, wifi, luggage storage and breakfast the next day. Dinner that day is held in a restaurant and is included.
- Bus Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu. Transportation from Aguas Calientes to the citadel.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu. It includes the ticket to the citadel of Machu Picchu for the guided tour.
- Private tour in Machu Picchu. The tour of the Inca citadel takes place privately, exclusively for the group.
- Bus Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes. After finishing the tour, we return by private transport to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch fifth day. We include this delicious lunch on the last day, in a restaurant associated with our agency. (Also in Aguas Calientes).
- Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo Train. Return ticket from there to the Ollantaytambo station.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo-Cusco. Private transfer from the train station to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Transfer to your departure. Prior coordination of the date, we will take you in private transportation from your hotel to the airport.
At the client’s request is also included:
- Hiking poles. They are very convenient to save energy when walking and also to have more balance.
- Bags (duffel bags). To carry your luggage.
- Waterproof poncho. For protection against possible rain and wind.
- Polar sheets. They adapt to your sleeping bag and are excellent for cold nights.
What is not included in the tour?
- Both international and national.
- Travel insurance. It is essential that you have one, it greatly reduces your expenses in case of any unforeseen event.
- From Beach to the town of Santa Teresa.
- First day breakfast You must reserve it at your hotel for early, before we pick it up.
- Canteens So that you do not use disposable plastic bottles, they are forbidden in Peruvian tourism. We have them for sale.
- Sleeping bag. It is essential that you have one, that can resist up to -18 ° C. They are stuffed with feathers (we rent them at US $ 25.00).
- Additional costs. Such as purchase of typical clothes, handicrafts, alcoholic beverages, etc. Also, no extra expenses are included that are not mentioned in this list.
- Entrance to the thermal waters. Transportation and entrance ticket to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo and Aguas Calientes are not included.
- Tips It is tradition that, as a thank you, each group leaves a tip for all the field staff: guide, muleteers, cooks, driver..
- Entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu. This walk should be reserved separately, at an additional cost and well in advance. Read our article on this fascinating adventure: Huayna Picchu mountain tour.
What to bring?
Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts, Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs, Trousers, shorts, swimsuit, Underwear, socks, Gloves, scarf, Sneakers, trekking shoes, sandals.
Health and Care
Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat, Small towel, Bottled water, Personal medication.
Passport, Cash in soles, Camera, charging cord, Extra batteries.